Monday, October 29, 2007

OUR FIRST BABY!!

We proudly announce the arrival of our first baby...Okay, so it's NOT what you are thinking, but we have been blessed with a new member of our family....and technically he is a baby.

We adopted a kitten from the Orphan Kitten Project at UC Davis. It is basically a group of vet students at Davis who find orphaned kittens, foster them until they are old enough to be on their own and the adopt them out to loving families. We've been blessed enough to adopt one. I've been an animal lover from as long as I can remember and felines have always been close to my heart. I've always had a cat around growing up (since I was born, really) and for me having one here at our apartment has made a world of difference to me.

Without further adieu, I present to you all our new baby: Drake.



Drake came home on Monday Oct 11. His estimated date of birth is July 22 (which is oddly enough Jason's birthday). Now he is a little over three months. We took him to the vet and he's just passed three pounds! Our boy is growing so fast! :)

He has been a great blessing in our lives (although sometimes a great test of our patience). We both highly recommend anyone who is able to adopt a pet and help the pet homelessness situation. Also, please be sure to nurturer or spay your cats and dogs!!

More Drake updates to come later!

In Christ,

Jason and Sarah

No comments: